Thursday, July 26, 2012

Carte Cigogne

    Inspired by my success at the mairie, I decided to go to one of the transport centers in order to get my public transportation pass.  You wouldn't think that would be all that difficult (pay them some money, get a pass) except that to get a pass, you have to prove that you are a resident.  (I have those forms!)  Also, as long as I'm proving that I'm a resident in order to get a pass, I figured that I might as well take advantage of the "Carte Cigogne," which is the reduced-rate pass that they have for families with three or more children.  (It's a savings of almost one-third the total monthly rate.)  Of course, to get that card, I have to provide documentation (birth certificates, etc.)  (I have those forms, too!)
   It was surprisingly easy, so much so that I ended up getting all of the kids their transportation passes, too.  (School passes, requiring proof of age, etc., so the same forms that I needed for mine, plus a photo for each kid.)
    Oh, and the name "Carte Cigogne"?  It means "Stork Card." 
    At least it doesn't look any different from any other card....

No comments:

Post a Comment